Making Yoga & Meditation Accessible to Everyone!
These funds will be used to offer donation-based yoga classes in at least 7 areas in the city of Philadelphia. We truly believe that yoga and meditation MUST be accessible to everyone - period!
Yoga 4 Philly, 501c3 (Y4P) exists to make peace, love, and healing accessible to everyone through yoga and meditation.
We will flesh this out by providing the following:
1. Offering weekly donation-based yoga and meditation classes throughout the city of Philly (primarily in the Spring, Summer, Fall season).
2. Offering yoga and meditation classes in schools for kids and school administrators.
3. Offering chair yoga classes in senior residential homes.
4. Offering trauma-informed/recovery-based yoga and meditation classes in Kensington, an area in Philadelphia that has been impacted by poverty, drug abuse, and sex trafficking.
5. Offering FREE prenatal and postnatal yoga classes for women of color and their partners.
Studies have shown that a consistent yoga and meditation practice is a remedy to help manage and cope with stress, emotional imbalances, addictive behaviors, and rediscovering one’s self-love, and purpose. Y4P is committed to partnering with local residents, organizations, and the city of Philadelphia. We are stronger together. Thank you for showing your support.
You have the power to help Yoga 4 Philly reach our $61k goal to help make yoga and meditation accessible in 3 schools, 3 senior centers, and in 3 locations in Kensington through 2021. Yoga & Meditation should be accessible to everyone - period.