For 25 years, we have been supporting resident-led change in the Amani neighborhood of Milwaukee. The Dominican Center partners with residents to achieve and sustain neighborhood integrity, economic self-sufficiency and family well-being in the Amani neighborhood.
Help us celebrate what we believe:
- The Dominican Center partners with Amani residents to increase access to quality education, improve health outcomes within the community and contribute to economic development.
- The Dominican Center supports a resident-led revitalization effort to foster social change.
- The Dominican Center is a resource for residents in the areas of adult education, housing and building neighborhood capacity, in addition to offering support in a welcoming, compassionate and responsive environment.
- We believe Amani residents are experts in their own lives, experiences and needs, and can use these to positively contribute to the improvement of the community.
- We value the support of our donors and partners, and strive to be an accountable steward of the resources generously shared with us.