Adult Education Kits
At the Dominican Center, we provide a welcoming place for adult education students to work one-on-one with a tutor to build their academic skills in reading, math and languate arts to obtain their GED, HSED or 5.09 at one of the Community Based Organizations in Milwaukee County.
In our program, students receive:
- Required Testing - Students wishing to continue their education must first take the TABE test administered by MATC. Students can test for free at Dominican Center.
- Personalized Education Plan and Personalized Skills Based Curriculum - Students will received personalized lesson plans that meet them where they are academically.
- Academic Referral - After completing Dominican Center's program, students will recieve a referral to move on to complete their degree from MATC.
- Adult Education Kit - Students in our program recieve an kit that has all of the materials and supplies that they need for two semesters. This includes pens, pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners, ruler, pencil box, scientific calculator, notebooks for each subject, composition books for each subject and journaling, and personalized workbooks and MATC materials.
- Graduation! - Students completing the program are welcome to participate in the graduation ceremony held at MATC each semester.
HOW YOU CAN HELP: If you would like to support the Dominican Center's Adult Education program, please consider sponsoring one our more of our students with an Adult Education Kit!