Donate to FIYA's Annual Campaign 2022
UPDATE: Thank you to all who donated to FIYA on Giving Tuesday! We are honored and humbled for your genorosity and for helping invest in the future of FIYA. It's not too late! If you haven't already, please consider supporting our nonprofit and our mission by donating this holiday season by December 31st or by sharing the link to this fundraising page!
Prior to the pandemic, FIYA was on the verge of explosive growth in participating schools and students. Now that the pandemic restrictions are behind us, we are feeling the rumblings of a numbers explosion once again.
It's evident that current schools participating in FIYA have been experiencing the positive effects that sports have on their students both inside and outside of the classroom and the impact sports have made on their school community as a whole. Word travels fast and more Los Angeles elementary and middle schools are joining FIYA by the SEASON! While this is obviously exciting news, we need to ensure we have the capacity to serve over 10,000 student athletes from all over LA County in the coming year.
We have multiple, necessary categories for which we are looking to strengthen and therefore are setting $30,000 as our overall development goal for 2022 by December 31st.
FIYA is a community made up of public, charter, private and independent schools (among many others) who join to make after-school sports possible for their students. We are specifically open for participation to every type of school so that more kids have the chance to participate in youth sports. We don't cater to the best athletes, we cater to the whole child. Our programs are about bringing out the best in our students and therefore bringing out the best in our schools.
So when you support FIYA, remember that you are providing the opportunity to participate in team sports for our wonderful community:
- 10,000 students participating annually throughout Los Angeles County
- 80% of FIYA student-athletes are students of color
- Over 33% are female
- 50% reside in neighborhoods that are of low to moderate income
- Majority of our students receive free or reduced lunch
- A significant population come from families that do not have the resources for “club” or outside sports
and with the donations we received in last year's annual campaign, we were able to successfully bring back a full year of FIYA school sports for the 2021-2022 school year as well as this Fall 2022.
2022 WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT:
- eSports kept kids in the game who could not return in-person
- Basketball returned for the full 2022 season with 118 teams
- Soccer returned for the full 2022 season with 100+ teams
- Boys Volleyball returned for the full 2022 Spring season
- Track & Field hosted 6 meets with 700+ student-athletes
- Cross Country hosted 7 meets with 400+ runners
- Girls Volleyball served 10 regional leagues with 100 teams
- Flag Football had 9 regional leagues with 58 teams
- Futsal started a new league in the Fall with 7 teams
- AND MORE after-school offerings to look forward to in 2023!
(1) Making a personal, tax-deductible contribution to our cause
(2) Becoming a corporate sponsor, partner, or having your business match a donation
(3) Sharing this fundraising page/link with others
(4) Follow FIYA @fiyathletics on social media & share our posts
(5) Donate on behalf of your school!
We're hoping for at least 50% participation from our school communities, meaning to have at least one member (a parent, alumni, coach, admin, etc.) from half of our school communities to make a donation. Every dollar amount and every link forwarded goes a long way in helping us to reach our goals and to enhance our operations.