In partnership with the Delaware Center for Mindfulness and The Warrior Reunion Foundation, Delaware Changing Lives has developed a virtual Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) training opportunity for our nation's veterans.
The use of mindfulness with Veterans has proven to be successful in addressing areas of acute trauma, chronic pain, depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress. Over 40 years of research has demonstrated effective change and transformation around these issues with the use of mindfulness-based interventions. Mindfulness-based interventions have also been shown to target areas of traumatic loss, complicated grief, acute and chronic stress, and moral injury experienced by many Veterans and their family members.
Watch James Ferguson, Founder & CEO of our partnering organization, Warrior Reunion Foundation.
People that have completed the Mindfulness Based Wellness Education (MBWE) program have been able to integrate stress-management skills into their everyday lives. Almost four decades of published research indicates that the majority of people who complete the Stress Reduction Program report:
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations
- Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- An increased ability to relax
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
The Mindfulness Based Wellness Education program will provide:
- Working definitions of mindfulness
- How to implement mindfulness into a daily routine
- How Veterans and family members can benefit from mindfulness
- Experiential exercises of mindfulness practice
- Breathing Exercises from Yoga and Qi Gong Meditation
- Body Movement including Yoga, Tai Chi, and Qi Gong
Your Support Makes a Difference It is our goal to support as many veterans as we can through our mission and outreach, but we can’t do it alone. With the generosity of our supporters, we will be able to reach our $7,000 fundraising goal and truly make a difference. Our veterans and their family members have sacrificed so much for us and now it is our turn. Please consider donating today!