For the Love of the Birds Fundraiser
This past December, the MFBRP office and storage areas were broken into. During this break-in, gear and equipment was stolen and our facility suffered damage. This theft broke our hearts and cost us precious funds that would have otherwise gone towards our ongoing conservation work.
For this fundraiser, and for the love of the birds, we are asking for your assistance in replacing the gear and equipment that was stolen, replacing the locks that were broken, replacing the damaged doors, and enhancing the security at our office site.
Want to know what your donation will cover?
- $50 donation helps replace stolen air compressor.
- $222 helps replace all of the locks that were damaged.
- $400 helps replace doors that were damaged and enhance facility security.
- $450 helps to replace a generator used to recharge batteries necessary for our mosquito sampling and trapping efforts at our primary field site.
- $450 helps replace a 2nd generator used to recharge batteries necessary for our mosquito sampling and trapping efforts at a secondary field site.
- $450 helps replace a 3rd generator used to power our multiple forest restoration campsites.
- $2,022 helps to cover the full damage of this break-in and will be matched by an anonymous donor.
- Additional funds will be used to purchase materials such as camping gear, field gear, and flight helmets for our expanding crew and batteries for our mosquito trapping efforts.
An anonymous donor has offered to match all funds raised during this fundraiser up to $2,022 to help each donation dollar stretch further!
For the love of the birds, help us as we rebuild after this heartbreak and carry out our mission of putting extinction in the past!