Rooted in Aloha - Reforestation Initiative
Rooted in Aloha is a visitor supported conservation program where people can directly support the restoration of Maui's damaged eco-systems, help regenerate important watershed resources, and help provide habitat for Maui's endangered forest birds and insects. This is a collaborative partnership between The Fairmont Kea Lani Resort, Skyline Conservation Initiative, and Na Koa Manu Conservation 501c-3.
Visitors to the amazing island of Maui can make a donation that will be directly applied to planting native trees which will assure establishment and expansion of native habitats for future generations.
- Maui is known as the extinction epicenter of the USA.
- Over the past 200 years, Maui's native ecosystems have been severely degraded and displaced.
- Less than 30% of natural wilderness remains on Maui's finite landscape.
- Maui relies on native ecosystems to provide freshwater resources that sustain life!
- It's not too late to restore Maui's natural ecosystems!
- With your support we can turn this map green again!
- Sponsor a Native Tree Planting Today!
- Plant 5,000 native trees, shrubs, and understory plants in 2021/2022.
- Short term goal = Fundraise at least $5,000 in 2021.
- Harness support from amazing people from all over the world who care about the sustainability of Maui's Native Ecosystems!
"Imagine what would happen if every visitor who travels to the island of Maui sponsored one native tree planting." - Joe Imhoff, Program Manager Skyline Conservation Initiative
- Sponsor a Tree - $30 - Will support site preparation, cost of tree propagation, planting, and long term care needed to establish 1 native tree on the slopes of Haleakala Maui. (Can sponsor as many individual trees as you like.)
- Sponsor a Grove - $500 Will support the site preparation, cost of tree propagation, planting and long term care needed to establish 17 canopy trees on the slopes of Haleakala Maui.
- Sponsor an Acre - $5,000 - Will support the site preparation, cost of tree propagation, planting and long term care needed to establish 1 acre of native habitat on the slopes of Haleakala Maui.
- Sponsor an Ecosystem - $10,000 and up - Special arrangements can be made to sponsor the expansion of conservation areas on Haleakala Maui. Larger donations will support the construction of conservation fence, land clearing, and establishment of native trees and shrubs. To inquire about how to make larger donations, please contact program manager Joe Imhoff directly email@example.com.
Mahalo for your support
100% of all "Rooted in Aloha" donations go directly toward the costs of establishing native trees for the long-term. All administrative expenses of this program are covered by project partners Fairmont Kea Lani, Skyline Eco Adventures, and Na Koa Manu Conservation.